Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Car Talk

Tuesday, Augusts 19, 2003 -- I followed Cathi into Beeville this morning to drop the car off at the mechanics. Something seems to be wrong with the brakes as they make a chirping noise when I slow down and cause the car to vibrate at highway speeds. It's one of those minor problems that just gets under your skin after a while and makes the whole driving experience feel wrong. The mechanic's previous attempt to correct the problem by "turning" the front brake rotors failed. "It must be the BACK rotors that are causing the problem" said the mechanic guy. When I picked up the car this afternoon, I asked the lady at the front desk "Are you sure the problem was fixed this time?" "Oh yes!" she said nodding optimistically. No sooner had I pulled out of the parking lot when I heard the old familiar "whuv whuv whuv" sound. I thought it might be my imagination and that it would get better on the highway but it didn't. I am open to suggestions if anyone out there is mechanically inclined. While I was waiting for the boys to leave the dressing room after football practice, Chris Patrova walked up and asked if he and Zach could play tennis again this evening. Zach swears "I didn't put him up to it." I had explained to Zach yesterday that I was ON to the old "if you ask my Dad he won't say no" trick. I told Chris we would call if we decided to play and, sure enough, we did eventually make it out to the courts. I guess I just can't say "No."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home