Cathi's Epiphany
Friday, August 22, 2003 -- The boys didn't have football practice today. I picked them up from school early and had them start getting ready for the trip into Corpus. Cathi couldn't locate Nana via cell phone so we stopped for dinner at the Country Cajun on the way into town. The whining had just started when Cathi made a brilliant suggestion. "Why don't we let the boys go to Subway while we eat here." I looked across the parking lot at the Subway. "Sure, why not?" "YES!" the boys exclaimed in unison. Cathi commented that our waiter was either particularly attentive or she had just gotten used to poor service. "My wife says you are the best waiter she's ever had" I said as he filled our tea glasses. "Oh wow, really? Thanks. I used to work on cars so I'm not used to having to do more than one thing at once." I didn't mention that Cathi also thought he had "nice eyes." The boys inhaled everything left on the table when they returned from Subway. The other diners probably thought we made them wait out in the car while we ate. We finally located Nana who had gone to see a movie. She wasn't expecting us because someone (Joshua) told her we weren't coming in until Saturday.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home