Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Cookie Tossing

Monday, August 25, 2003 -- Zach has had the sniffles for a day or two now, so I wasn't completely surprised when I got the dreaded call from Mrs. Seger, the school nurse. She said Zachary was complaining of a slight headache and wanted me to bring him some aspirin. By the time I made it up to the school, he was already out on the football practice field. He refused the ibuprofin I offered him and toughed it out for the rest of the practice. Unfortunately, he and Joe Rey both ended up losing their lunches during the "7 minute run." It didn't help that he apparently didn't have anything to drink all day long. The coaches singled Zach out by name when they talked to the team about "taking care of yourselves." And now, as I am writing this, Joshua just called me into his bedroom asking for a wet towel for HIS headache. I wouldn't be surprised if he caught whatever Zach's got considering how they wrestle around with each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home