Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

I Meant to Do That.

Sunday, August 17, 2003 -- Cathi and the boys returned from Corpus this evening. Zach was obviously wired about going by back to school tomorrow and immediately started pestering me to play tennis. I finally gave in and took he and Josh to the courts to work off some of their excess energy. At one point, Zach hit a hard shot to my backhand and I was surprised to find myself tumbling head over heels after lunging for it. I flashed back to my recent broken arm as time slowed down and I hit the court... first my right forearm.. then my recently healed shoulder... my thigh... my left arm... etc. as I rolled several times, all the while trying to minimize the impact to any one area of my body. "Did I win the point?" I asked as I sat dazed and checking for injuries. "No, it went WAY out!" Joshua replied with little effort to mask his amusement. Neither of them seemed seriously concerned about my condition and, other than a couple of scrapes and a bruise or two, I seem to be okay. I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow.


Stopped by the garden today. It is looking awfully dry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home