Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

More Water Woes.

Thursday, August 14, 2003 -- After a quick trip to Home Depot to pick up a new kitchen faucet (thanks for watching the boys Grandma), I tackled the relatively simple job of replacing the kitchen faucet. The installation went smoothly. As I stood admiring my handiwork, Cathi asked "What's that sound?" I listened to what appeared to be the faint sound of gurgling water. "Air in the pipes?" I answered hopefully. A quick peek under the house proved me wrong. It seems that while wrestling with the pipe wrench I accidentally broke the seal on one of the PVC pipes beneath the house. My only option was to shut of water to the entire house and take the family to Beeville for dinner where I worked out an attack plan over a fajita taco. Back in Skidville, Cathi and I dropped the boys off at the tennis courts before tackling the plumbing. Cathi's job, as always, was to stand by with a stick in case I came into contact with one of the electrical wires under the house. With the help of a couple of old parts scrounged from Mr. Keener's garage, I was able to bypass the faulty pipe. It was only a temporary solution but at least I've got water in the bathroom to shower off all the grunge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home