Taqueria? Taquiera?
Friday, August 29, 2003 -- Cathi and I met for lunch at Taqueria Vallarta (and I just googled the word taqueria to see if I was spelling it correctly and it appears that there are hundreds of taquerias AND taquieras... wonder which is technically correct). The service was uncharacteristically slow so I wasn't too concerned when the guy behind the counter rang me up without adding a tip. Uncle Ronnie dropped by for a late afternoon visit. I had to cut it short to finish up an ad that I was working on for Sugarek Marketing. Josh wandered outside before Ronnie left and talked him into playing catch for a while. Cathi volunteered me to work the concessions stand at tonight's high school football game versus Nixon-Smiley. We arrived just before half-time and I was immediately put in charge of popcorn. Mr. Mengers told me to keep feeding the microwaves for the half-time rush. It was hot and still and my lingering "cold" didn't help matters. Joe Sugarek showed up and thanked me for working overtime on his ad this evening. Cathi and I took a break during the third quarter and we had a nice chat with John Cramer. Skidmore ended up winning the game. I think the final score was 27-13. Mr. Mengers handed me a giant bag of hamburger buns after we finished cleaning up the concessions stand. "What am I supposed to do with these?" I asked. "They make great toast." he said.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home