Chinese is Greek to me
Friday, September 5, 2003 -- Cathi and I met for lunch in Beeville. We tried the newly remodeled Hong Kong Palace and while it wasn't bad, it was nothing to write home about. The place was packed with Cathi's fellow Head Start employees. Our fortune cookies urged us to "Learn Chinese" complete with phrase translations. My attempt to wish the hostess "Good luck" in Chinese was met with a blank stare. I tried again and she muttered something about the different Chinese dialects. Cathi accused me of flirting. Later this evening, I helped Joshua along in his quest to earn my respect by allowing him to start a fire in the barbecue pit unsupervised. To his credit, he did a good job igniting the coals (and not himself). When I wandered outside with steaks in hand, I found a nice little fire going.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home