Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

A league of our own

Tuesday, September 9, 2003 -- "Did you hear what happened at football practice today?" Joshua asked as he walked in the front door. I swear, the first thing that popped in my mind was that Zach had broken his arm. I wasn't far off the mark. Joshua's teammate Emelio Trevino did indeed break his arm. Josh was disappointed he couldn't stick around to watch the "Halo Flight" helicopter pick him up. Grandma turned down my invitation to accompany me to tonight's Historical Society Meeting. Those attending were Mr. & Mrs. Bertram, Carol DuBoise, Mrs. Nutt, and Mr. & Mrs. Hartman. Mrs. DuBoise read excerpts from "A History of Bee County" and I passed around some photos of Skidmore landmarks. I've done a small amount of research recently and have updated the "Skidmore" section of my website with higher quality scans and a bit more information (still a long way to go). Ed Wilson called this evening to report that the "lady at the high school" would not let us hold a Little League meeting at the school without permission from the school board. I called Rev. Bevley who generously agreed to let us to hold our meeting in the Fellowship Hall at the Baptist Church (conveniently located across the street from our house). We are calling the meeting to discuss the possibility of forming a "South Bee County Little League" - in effect splitting away from Beeville Little League.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home