Muddy Knees
Sunday, September 28, 2003 -- Sometimes I don't know why I get up in the afternoon. You may recall that a while back uncle Bubba offered the boys 20 bucks each to wash and wax grandma's car. Well, this morning Zach managed to pull hard enough on Grandma's water hose to break the faucet loose from both of the PVC pipes to which it was attached. "I told him not to pull so hard!" said Josh. "I thought it was just hung on something!" said Zach. "#@$$@#%" said Grandma (just kidding - that was me). Naturally the breaks occurred underground and created a god-awful muddy mess. It was 4 in the afternoon when I finally finished the repair job and made good on my promise to take the boys dove hunting. We stopped by Taqueria for a bite to eat before joining uncle Ronnie out at the 80 acres where we bagged 8 doves between the four of us. Josh and I each claimed 2 1/2 birds since we shot at the 5th bird simultaneously (between you and me, I made the shot and am humoring him by allowing co-credit). Back at Grandma's, we turned the water on and, miracle of miracles, my repair job held.
Uncle Ronnie let the boys ride in back.
Uncle Ronnie let the boys ride in back.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home