Taco in, taco out.
Sunday, August 31, 2003 -- Tropical storm Grace fizzled out before making landfall up north this morning. Maybe we'll at least get a little rain from the storm. I passed the true test of plumbing prowess when I fired up the dishwasher this afternoon. I fully expected to spend the rest of the afternoon mopping water from under the sink, but to my surprise, everything seemed to be working just fine. I had a bit of an unpleasant experience at Taquiera(ueria) Vallarta. I took a bite of my mollejas taco and had to wrestle hard to tear a piece loose. I discovered the reason why when I looked down at a nice pink and apparently raw piece of meat poking out of my tortilla. I paused a moment, temporarily uncertain what to do, then bent forward and deposited the contents of my mouth into my plate. I made a point of not looking around afterwards so I am not sure how many folks I grossed out in the restaurant. Thank goodness Cathi and the boys weren't around or I would never live that one down. Grandma reported a "bee" infestation a few days ago and I finally stopped by the house this afternoon to check it out. There were five or six wasp nests under the eaves which I quickly dispatched with a can of "Raid Foaming Wask Killer" that Grandma picked up a the dollar store. It was looking stormy by the time I left Grandma's but, as usual, nothing came of it beyond a couple of sprinkles.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home