Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Alien Pods

Monday, October 13, 2003 -- Josh got into trouble for talking in coach Hesseltine's class and ended up having to do a little extra running after practice. Today I discovered that repeated rinsing of okra in cold water does nothing to reduce it's sliminess. If anything it compounds the problem. I finally threw away a whole pan of the stuff after it congealed into a single disgusting gelatinous blob. I seem to remember reading somewhere that okra was used to produce the drool in the movie Aliens. I do not doubt it. A second round of experimentation proved that simply slicing it dry and stir frying kept the slime factor to a minimum. I attended the first half of tonights Skidmore-Tynan school trustees meeting. I had planned to go before the board and request the use of a particular piece of school property for our new Little Leage field but the superintendent asked that I meet with him to discuss the proposal first. We scheduled an appointment for 10 a.m. tomorrow morning. Zach and I stopped by Grandma's while on our renewed nightly jog. The light drizzle that was falling when we left Grandma's turned into full blown rain by the time we reached the fire station midway point. Zach and I looked like a couple of drowned rats when we finally got back to the house. "That was fun!" said Zach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home