Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Einstein's Redneck Brother

Saturday, October 4, 2003 -- Zach and I had lunch at Chisholm, then drove into Sinton to pick up the hunting bags he and Josh left behind at Will's dove hunt. Uncle Bubba was off playing golf somewhere but aunt Linda was nice enough to meet us at Bubba's office. Unfortunately, Zach's hunting license was not in any of the bags so it looks like I'm going to have to buy him a new one - luckily it was only $6 and not $59 like my own. Zach and I got into a pretty deep discussion on the way home. We were talking about yesterday's "Punt, Pass, and Kick" awards ceremony and I mentioned that he and Josh had already earned three or four times more trophies than I ever received. "Maybe this is just the beginning" I said. "Maybe you'll go on to win a baseball or football scholarship, then win the Heisman trophy or Cy Young award. Or you'll discover a cure for cancer or win the Nobel Peace Prize. Maybe you'll even figure out how to build a time machine and come back to save me from that bus." This led to a discussion of physics and just what it meant to travel back in time. "But didn't that Ernest guy say that was impossible" said Zach. "What Ernest guy?" I asked. "You know, Ernest Einstein." he replied. "No, I don't know Ernest Einstein but congratulations, you made the web page again." Zach and I had time to play a quick six games of tennis before Papaw (and Josh) picked us up to go dove hunting in Karnes City, courtesy of one of Papaw's Banking buddies. And boy, what a dove hunt it was. There were birds flying everywhere. The only problem was the weeds were so high that the fallen birds were hard to find. Even so, we had a great time and Papaw is thinking of leasing the property for future hunts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home