I wanna be a cowboy.
Sunday, October 19, 2003 -- Uncle Bubba invited the boys and I out to his house this evening for a little horseback riding. Josh and Zach were impressed by Bubba & Linda's signed photo of George W. Bush and the first lady. I was a bit taken aback when they handed me the photo but successfully repressed my political views long enough to stammer "Oh... uh, that's neat." I tried to follow up the statement with something more positive but the words just would not come. I shouldn't talk though; if I remember correctly, I invited Ronald Reagan to my high school graduation (wonder what happened to that congratulatory letter he sent?). Molly & Rob were there with twin daughters Anna, Stella, and the littlest, Emma. Poor Anna fell off "Bambi" (Bubba's miniature horse) and cried when Rob & Molly tried to coax her back into the saddle. In the end, she circled the arena a few times with Molly without too much trauma. This may have been the first time I've heard the saying "If you fall off a horse, you just have to get right back on" used at face value. Later, little Emma stole the show when she smiled and laughed hysterically as Molly bounced her around the arena on the back of "Moron."
Molly and Emma look on as Rob places Anna and Stella on Bambi.
Molly and Emma look on as Rob places Anna and Stella on Bambi.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home