Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Progress

Tuesday, October 14, 2003 -- My meeting with superintendent Chalm... Belmarez went well this morning. We talked about the possibility of building a new Little League field on the present site of the Junior practice field. He asked about field maintenance and liability for injuries on the property, but seemed to sincerely want to make the field happen. I agreed to type up a proposal for the board of trustees and he plans to speak to the district architect to ascertain if there are other plans for future use of the property. I drove straight into Refugio after the meeting to pick up the new league boundary map from Little League District Administrator, Olan McBroom. He was not home at the time but, as promised, left the map and other paperwork in an envelope inside his screen door. The Skidmore Historical Society met this evening. There were only 6 of us in attendance so we had a nice informal meeting. And... I almost forgot that tonight was the night the world was introduced to the Cubs biggest fan, Steve Bartman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home