A yard full of junk.
Wednesday, October 29, 2003 -- I started playing around with Joshua's metal detector this afternoon. Joshua claims it doesn't work right but I think he just never took the time to learn how to operate it. By the time the boys got home from school, I had already found lots of backyard treasure including a saw blade, a penny, buttons, bottle caps, a beer can, and several bits of unidentifiable metal. We tried it out in front yard and hit paydirt immediately when, digging with my fingers, I unearthed several pennies. At this point the boys wanted to go get the shovel but I wasn't about to let them start digging giant holes in the carpet grass. One of the pennies was a "wheat cent" from 1956 but others were dated as late as 1999. We found bits of leather in the course of our digging so I can only assume we recovered the contents of a child's coin purse. Altogether we found 8 or 9 pennies before I finally called off the search.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home