Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Home Again

Sunday, November 23, 2003 -- The boys and I helped (mostly watched) uncle Johnny skin and quarter our four antelope. We stood around shivering while he worked away, seemingly impervious to the wind and cold. After the meat was safely packed onto ice, we hustled back into Angie's warm kitchen for sausage & egg tacos, then began packing for the trip back to Skidville. Angie presented Josh and Zach with two inspirational sports books as parting gifts, even tucking $20 between the pages. The trip home was long but uneventful. We stopped for lunch at the Cracker Barrel in Kerrville and for gas and beer at HEB in San Antonio. Piglet was happy to see us but the odor of skunk dampened our enthusiasm at seeing her. The boys and I have a pretty big job ahead of us in slicing up the quartered sections of meat. Zach immediately set to work making jerky with some of the smaller cuts (and I didn't sneak any around midnight).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home