Lonely Turkey Shooting
Those targets looked pretty small.
Sunday, November 2, 2003 -- Uncle Bubba invited everyone to lunch at Chisholm today. We adjourned to the "Double T" ranch afterwards where we had a nice visit with Angie & Johnny and enjoyed a cool breeze beneath the oaks. Joshua has been running a fever and was pretty miserable all day. He declined to join Zach and I at the Lions Club Turkey Shoot out at the Hoot Owl. Uncle Ronnie was a good sport and showed up but the other shooters left after the first round. After waiting about an hour, Zach and I were finally forced to buy a whole round ourselves. We took turns shooting and, being an odd child, I let Zach shoot the odd numbered targets. Naturally, I emerged victorious (most likely because I was shooting from the full-choke side of Dad's double barrel shotgun). Back at the house, Cathi knocked over one of her huge to-go cups of tea while sitting at my computer and fried the keyboard. I had to make a midnight trip to Grandma's to borrow her keyboard while my own went under the blow dryer.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home