Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Gol' Durnit... They Done Called the Law On Us!


Zach takes the shot.


Saturday, January 17, 2004 -- Skidmore hosted a Jr. High basketball tournament today. Joshua's eigth-grade "B Team" got to play after Goliad dropped out of the tournament at the last minute. Of course they lost (but not too badly). Zach's team won their first game but lost the second to Banquete. Bubba & Linda came in to watch the first two games and treated Grandma and I to lunch at Chisholm. Afterwards, I drove out to the HIlltop Saloon to help kickoff the Bobcat Little League Turkey Shoot fundraiser. I broke away from the event twice to watch the boys' games. The second time I returned to find the owner of of the Hilltop pulling up the target posts and dismantling the shooting range. In my absence, a neighboring property owner had "called the law" on us complaining about shotgun pellets damaging their trees. I wasn't even aware that the property behind the range belonged to someone else and can't blame them for complaining. At any rate, the Hilltop owner, Jim Kirk (yeah I know), plans to reposition the range for future shoots. Ed Wilson let us borrow his "Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers" Extended Edition DVDs. The boys and I killed a big chunk of the evening watching the "Fellowship." I had Joshua say the word "new" whenever he saw something that wasn't in the original movie release. Cathi called this evening to report that Nana would be staying in the hospital overnight for observation and that the medication she took had caused her to temporarily lose much of her eyesight. That's pretty darn weird - not to mention scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home