Asleep at the Field
Saturday, Feb 28, 2004 -- "Aren't you supposed to be at tryouts?" "Huhhh... whaaa?" The alarm clock read 10:00 am and I was sound asleep until Cathi returned from whatever early morning errand she had run. The other board members had everyone lined up and ready to go by the time I arrived bleary-eyed at the field. Uncle Ronnie was on hand to check out some of the Junior boys and ran into Angie & Johnny at Chisholm. Ronnie said that Angie planned to surprise Grandma with a visit but the surprise must have been on her since Grandma is off visiting Mary Nell in Bastrop for the weekend. Cathi and I took the boys straight into Corpus after tryouts where, after dropping the family off at Nana's, I met Ed Wilson at Soccer Etc. to go over baseball uniforms. I ended up with the boys again when Cathi and Nana decided to go house hunting. Zach needs track shoes but turned his nose up at all the styles on display at Academy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home