Sewer Snakes
Sunday, March 7, 2004 -- Uncle Ronnie stopped by the house to pick up his tiller this morning. I was unaware of his visit as I was still asleep at the time. I ran into him over at Grandma's a little later and we talked about the Junior Baseball team. He suggested the possibility of the boys playing for North Bee County and offered to help coach Morris instead of managing his own team here in Skidmore. I told him I would check with the boys to see if they would be willing if all other options failed. I'd still like to see them play for the Skidmore-Tynan league, what with this being our inaugural year and all. The local Boy Scout Troop was selling barbecue plates over at the firehouse. I picked up a plate for Grandma. Spent the rest of the afternoon mowing the lawn and attempting to repair the "debil" toilet. By the time Cathi and the boys returned from Corpus, I was elbow deep in the septic tank with Mr. Huser offering advice at a safe distance. I was happy to see them all again but no one was willing to give me a big hug. After a couple of hours wrestling the sewer snake I finally gave up for the night.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home