Favorite Uncle... Bidding Starts Now
Sunday, May 2, 2004 -- The boys wandered over to Grandma's house to visit this morning. Zach called just before lunch to invite me to play tennis with aunt Angie. Josh and I started out strong but eventually lost 8 games to 6. I hit him in the back twice while serving the ball - once on his sunburned shouder which looked like it really hurt. Angie & Johnny left immediately after the match to drive back into Sonora. Today is photo day for Bobcat Little League. After a quick trip to the house, we spent a couple of hours at the high school softball field taking team photos. Only seven from Ronnie's team showed up for pictures. Photos were followed by a Little League board meeting at 5pm at the Firehouse. Cathi says she is already hearing rumors that there may be a coup in the making on the Little League board. Apparently, there are people who think I am unfit for the presidency. Oh well, with any luck at all they'll manage to boot me out and I can finally relax and take it easy. Uncle Johnny called this evening with an unexpected offer. He wants to give Garrett's old truck to the boys. I think that bumps him right up into "favorite uncle" spot where, between uncle Bubba and uncle Ronnie, competition is getting pretty fierce. No offense to uncle's Steve and Bill; they are just too far away to effectively factor into the competition.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home