Hanging with Santa
Sunday, December 5th, 2004 -- After a month or more of trying to kill the grass in my garden with landscaping fabric (uncle Ronnie's idea), I was finally forced to deem the experiment a failure. I removed the black fabric to find plenty of healthy albeit jaundiced grass along with a nice big colony of fire ants. And since Joshua doesn't seem to want me to use his soon-to-be-prize-winning hog as an environmentally friendly tiller, I had to resort to an old fashioned shovel and rake. Zach and I spent the evening helping out with the Lions Club 3rd Annual "Pancake Supper with Santa." Zach volunteered to wipe down tables, earning himself an extra sausage patty in the process. Cathi and Joshua joined us a little later when they returned from visiting the grandparents in Corpus. Zach also had the honor of playing Santa in our post-supper Lions Club gift exchange. "Mrs. Dee" gave me a nice pen and pencil set - no doubt after seeing my frustration writing checks with those dang throwaway gel pens.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home