Vote Early, Vote Often

Here's something I never thought I would see.
Thursday, May 5, 2005 -- Spent a good portion of the morning labeling postcards for my run for the local school board. The election is this Saturday and I am curious about the outcome. There are five candidates running for 3 positions. I am told that a good chunk of the Hispanic vote will go towards the three Hispanic candidates. There is even a sample ballot floating around with the three candidates already marked. I would find this disappointing were it not for the fact that most of the Anglos are doing exactly the same thing (except for the ballot part). So, with the community divided along racial lines (have we learned nothing from Star Trek?) the election will likely hang on a few breakaway voters from one side or the other. The suspense is killing me!
Oh yeah, and I made an unassisted double play in tonight's softball game when I caught a line drive, tripped, and fell onto first base before the runner could tag up. I may not be able to walk tomorrow.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home