Super Bowl Sunday
Sunday, February 5, 2006 -- All that stood between us and uncle Bubba's Super Bowl party was a single police car (with lights flashing) and a layer of semi-impenetrable smoke from a nasty brush fire on the south side of Mathis. I wanted to take an alternate route but was voted down by the rest of the family. We turned off the air conditioner, forged ahead through 2 or 3 blocks of charred grass, and emerged safely on the other side.
Bubba & Linda's party was lots of fun as usual. Cathi's Amaretto brownies were a hit although I think the boys and I ate most of them. Niece Molly saved me from a much too rough game of adult basketball when she asked me to help hook up a DVD player in the playroom. Besides that, the only harm done was losing $20 dollars in a game of Texas Hold'em poker and losing one game of pool to Zachary (he cheated).
The next stop for the boys and I was John & Joe Cramer's annual Super Bowl party back in Skidville. I loaded up on Corona's and watched the last 3 quarters of the game while the boys played ping-pong, foosball, and to my knowledge, stayed out of trouble. As usual, we were among the last to leave. Joshua volunteered to drive us home since I'd had 7 too many, then promptly drove straight into a ditch - no real harm done - I'm pretty sure I can reattach that rubber thing below the front bumper.
Bubba & Linda's party was lots of fun as usual. Cathi's Amaretto brownies were a hit although I think the boys and I ate most of them. Niece Molly saved me from a much too rough game of adult basketball when she asked me to help hook up a DVD player in the playroom. Besides that, the only harm done was losing $20 dollars in a game of Texas Hold'em poker and losing one game of pool to Zachary (he cheated).
The next stop for the boys and I was John & Joe Cramer's annual Super Bowl party back in Skidville. I loaded up on Corona's and watched the last 3 quarters of the game while the boys played ping-pong, foosball, and to my knowledge, stayed out of trouble. As usual, we were among the last to leave. Joshua volunteered to drive us home since I'd had 7 too many, then promptly drove straight into a ditch - no real harm done - I'm pretty sure I can reattach that rubber thing below the front bumper.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home