Zach gets the Save
Friday, February 24, 2006 -- I gave Zach a hard time about warming the bench in the first game of the Odem baseball tournament (they lost). As fate would have it, Ricky Gutierrez plowed into the catcher in the very first inning of game 2 and got himself ejected. With Jordan Haws pitching, believe it or don't, Zach was next in line at the shortstop position and found himself IN THE GAME! Not only that, he actually managed to GET A HIT with a little blooper over the 1st baseman's head. Zach wasn't done though. Coach sent him to the pitchers mound in the 5th inning and he finished out the game, earning his first varsity SAVE. I talked to Coach Gonzales after the game and he confirmed that, while Zach will remain on the JV team, he would probably allow him to suit up with the Varsity squad in the Yorktown (Mar. 2-4) and Ingleside (Mar. 9-11) tournaments.
Update: The Bee Pic credits Zach for the WIN in the above mentioned game so I guess the Bobcats were still behind when he took the mound.
Update: The Bee Pic credits Zach for the WIN in the above mentioned game so I guess the Bobcats were still behind when he took the mound.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home