Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

My good deed for the day

Friday, September 1, 2006 -- I had an interesting adventure after tonight's football game in Bishop. I had just taken the Beeville exit on the Sinton bypass when a guy with a flashlight flagged me down. "Can you help me out? I just had a blowout and now my "donut" spare is also shot." He didn't look like a serial killer and he had his wife and 3 teenage children in the car so I told him I would take him into Sinton to try to find someone who could help. Believe it or not, at a little after 10:00 p.m. on a Friday, we were able to locate a guy in the old Texaco station across from the courthouse who was able to install a salvaged tire (we had to track down a suitable replacement from a giant stack of used tires across from the Sinton Whataburger) onto the old rim. Unfortunately, the tire we selected had a big bulge in it. So, Mr. Bennett Moss of Austin decided it was best to check into the local Best Western and look for a new tire in the morning. I followed them to the motel in case they had another blowout and they waved me on after reaching their destination. Mr. Moss offered to pay me for my trouble but I declined. "You've got some good karma coming your way" he said. I hope he is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home