Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Productive Weekend

Sunday, November 19, 2006 -- High winds earlier in the week bent my old roof-mounted "Lightning Connect" internet antenna over at 90 degree angle. I spent a portion of Saturday afternoon up on the roof trying to come up with a strategy for removing the darn thing. I was especially concerned that one of the guy wires might coil around one of our legs (ala Moby Dick) and yank one or both of us off the roof when it came down. Zach and I finally disconnected the guy wires and muscled it out of the roof bracket - at which point gravity and the laws of physics (especially leverage) brought the 20-foot pole and antenna crashing down on the roof. Zach and I waited for Josh or Cathi to come running outside to render assistance but I guess they were unconcerned about our fate.

Other accomplishments over the course of the weekend included partially cleaning up our junk filled front porch, filling yard-holes left by the "Water Board," repairing the flat tires on the bikes, and installation of a new faucet and mercifully powerful shower head in the bathroom. I also purchased an inexpensive set of microwave safe dishes from SWM so the boys can fix a snack without starting a fire or releasing Polychlorinated Biphenyls into their sammiches. Consider my back self-patted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home