Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Piglet not quite out of the woods yet

Thursday, December 28, 2006 -- Well, Piglet had a relapse of sorts today. I heard her licking her paws and sure enough, she had coughed up a small amount of blood - although nothing like the last time. She is still taking half doses of antibiotics and steroids so hopefully it was just a temporary setback. One thing is for sure though. She feels MUCH better now that she's on medication.

I made a quick trip into Corpus this evening to proof the "Shallow Sport Boats" brochure I've been working on for the last couple of weeks. I thought it looked pretty darn good if I may say so myself. I also took the opportunity to make use of my Half Price books gift card (thanks Josh) on a few art books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wanda said...

I'm so glad Piglet is improving. Frankly, I had been afraid to ask about her. What did the vet say was wrong with her?
Love those half-price art books. Which ones did you get?
(Nosey!)

12/30/06, 10:24 AM  
Blogger Keith said...

Thanks Wanda. We learned last week that her biopsy came back negative so our worst-case fears did not come to pass thank goodness. I'm still not sure what caused the infection and inflammation in her throat but we are feeding her "wet" foods to avoid further aggravation of the problem. The medication even seems to have cleared up Piglet's skin problems. She previously had scratched herself hairless in places and now her coat is filling back in again. So, good news for now. At 10 1/2 years, she is getting to be an old lady.

As for the art books, I can never quite make up my mind in a bookstore. I considered an oversized book of George Rodrigue's "Blue Dog" paintings and a book on Renaissance paintings, but settled for 3 small books that were part of the "Icons" series - Web Design (Flash Sites), Art Now (a compendium of contemporary living artists), and Signs (warning sign artwork from around the world). These books were more practical choices as I can use them for inspiration in my graphic design services.

12/30/06, 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home