John Bownds 1924-2007
Thursday, January 4, 2007 -- Grandma and I drove into Odem this afternoon to attend John Bownds' funeral (uncle Johnny's dad). Afterwards, we attended the graveside service at Odem's Evergreen Cemetery. Mr. Bownds was 82 and had been in and out of the hospital recently. He was eulogized as a man of few words, strong character, a horseman, home builder, and a veteran of World War II.
Zach returned late this evening after an overnight stay with the Browns. He says Mr. Brown is "really cool," I suppose in part because he let Zach spend a good portion of his visit dove hunting with Robert and Chris (and brought back the birds to prove it).
As if we don't have enough pet troubles, Buddy (the giant outside dog) gave me scare around midnight. I heard something banging around on the front porch and found Buddy having some kind of seizure. He snapped out of it after three or four minutes. We had a previous dog that had occasional seizures but they started much later in life and Buddy is barely more than an overgrown puppy.
Zach returned late this evening after an overnight stay with the Browns. He says Mr. Brown is "really cool," I suppose in part because he let Zach spend a good portion of his visit dove hunting with Robert and Chris (and brought back the birds to prove it).
As if we don't have enough pet troubles, Buddy (the giant outside dog) gave me scare around midnight. I heard something banging around on the front porch and found Buddy having some kind of seizure. He snapped out of it after three or four minutes. We had a previous dog that had occasional seizures but they started much later in life and Buddy is barely more than an overgrown puppy.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home