Photo Journal

Annoying the children, one day at a time.

Like butter

Friday, November 2, 2007 -- The boys' varsity football team beat Bloomington 20-0 this evening so we still have a shot at making the playoffs. Joshua has been getting a bit more playing time but Zach seems destined to spend the remainder of the year as a bench warmer. He says he gave the coaches a really dirty look after the game. I'm sure they were devastated.


Zach's friends console him for his lack of game time. It is truly difficult to watch my son suffer like this.

On another note, I bought a pint of heavy whipping cream at HEB and decided to try my hand a making butter via the old fashioned shaking-a-pickle-jar method. I had shaken myself silly and finally given up when Joshua returned from Joe Rey's after-game party. He gave the jar a few shakes and, miraculously, the butter separated from the "buttermilk" and we were in business! "Sweet, creamery, slightly pickle flavored butter!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home